Hello 2017, it’s a new year! You have a new opportunity to cultivate your business better than last year. You can set amazing and achievable goals for yourself this year that will allow you to become a force to be reckoned with. But with the all of the hustle and bustle of everyday life (your business, family, friends, etc.) it’s hard to keep yourself on track.
I’m here to tell you that if you follow these 5 easy goals for entrepreneurs, you’ll make 2017 a year to remember!
- Get Social!
- Whether you attend networking lunches or you post frequent videos using Facebook Live, you need to be sure to engage and interact with fellow entrepreneurs and your customers. Other entrepreneurs will be able to give you tips and tricks on how they have become successful and you’ll gain a trustworthy friend or two. No matter how long you’ve had your business, having a mentor is never something to turn down.
In addition, your customers will be happy to see that you’re active on social media. They want to see what you’re doing and how you’re doing it. You need to keep your audience excited about the new ideas you’re going share and you need to spread brand awareness too!
- Become Well-Rounded
- Whether you have a MBA or you have a high school diploma, attending a free webinar or learning a new skill will help you become a more knowledgeable and well-rounded entrepreneur. Skills such as marketing, web design, or public speaking can help you elevate your business and help you stand out from the competition. You’ll be able to connect with more potential customers and become a thought-leader in multiple areas.
- Know that Haters Are Gonna Hate
- Everyone has those individuals in their lives that are negative and constantly put a thumbs down on their ideas. You can’t let those individuals take you away from achieving your goals. If they don’t want to encourage you, remove them from your life. But don’t always look at their criticism as a negative, use their words to empower yourself to sharpen your methods and ideas. Let their words fuel your fire and help you become a stronger competitor in your field and your personal life.
- Be Aware of Your Finances
- Like your mother used to say, “Don’t spend it all in one place”, this is true with entrepreneurs too! You don’t have to be a mathematician or an accounting major, but you do need to be aware of how much you’re making and how much you’re spending.
Be sure to create and maintain Microsoft Word documents or Excel spreadsheets that lay out precisely: what you owe (outstanding debt), how much you make (current and future revenue), and your expenses. Keep all of these things in order so you don’t find yourself without cash in 2017.
- Remember why you became an entrepreneur!
- As I stated earlier, it’s easy to get lost in the unexpected pages of life. But never forget your personal goal. Your initial business idea was so unique to your specific customer that you knew you had to leave your day job to follow your dream! You became an entrepreneur because you have something special to share with the world. Never lose sight of why you chose this path in your life and you’ll be the happiest entrepreneur in 2017 and beyond.