If you’ve never worked from home before, it is probably more difficult than you can imagine. Our homes are supposed to be our sanctuary, not a place to stress about work!
With the recent circumstances, many of us don’t have a choice but to ditch the office and create a productive work environment in the comfort of our homes.
Why is working from home difficult?
Many people have this false idea that people who work from home are just sitting in their pajamas all day and binging their favorite series. That is far from the truth.
Those us who have the privilege to work from home on a daily basis are aware of the distractions your home causes when work needs to be done. It’s hard to see the laundry that needs doing, or the dishes in the sink, and the dog giving you the sweetest eyes begging for a belly rub and NOT want to give all of these things your time. This is why I choose to pay a membership to a co-working space so I can set some of those boundaries.
Here’s how you can maximize your productivity while working from home…
Whether it’s your first time working from home, or if you’ve tried to in the past and felt like a failure, here are 5 tips to help you maximize your productivity while working from home.
- Do not work in bed! Sounds like a good time, but you’ll end up napping/scrolling IG.⠀
- Create a designated work space. If you don’t have an office, your kitchen table may work. ⠀
- Find a good podcast to tune into. This is much better than watching tv because it’s hard to NOT look at the screen while working. Podcasts are great and all you have to do is tune in!⠀
- Set work hours! Whether it’s 9-5 or 10-6, find a time that works for you but stick to it!⠀
- Create a to-do list. This will help you stay on task and be mindful of your productivity. ⠀
If you follow the above five steps, I promise you will be able to successfully make it through these next few weeks. If you’re a mompreneur, check out one of my recent #TonnishasTuesdayTip that discusses how to work from home with toddlers.
Do you have any other tips for working from home? Comment below and share!