I’ve posed the question many times and still can’t find the answer….why is content marketing so hard?
What makes content so important?
- Content is the QUEEN of digital marketing
- It helps to build credibility
- Gives customers another entry point to your website or store front
We know the landscape of social media is changing so we can no longer just rely on these platforms to attract new customers. We have to leverage our experience and expertise in other ways to take our brands and businesses to the next level.
So again, why is content marketing so hard? It is because you are overthinking it. Content marketing sounds like something that is more intricate than it really is.
If we break it down…
Content = your knowledge.
Marketing = the place you decide to distribute your content (social media, email marketing, whitepapers, videos, blogging, etc.).
Here are 3 ways to turn your passion into content:
- Keep it basic. The first thing you have to understand is that you have knowledge about your industry that the average person does not. This means that there is no need to go into too much detail over things your audience may never understand. Think about the surface level knowledge you can share with your audience and find ways to translate that information in layman’s terms.
- PLAN. You know how I feel about planning. That doesn’t change here. Pull your calendar out and begin thinking about the content pieces you want to put out into the world.
- Distribute in a way that makes you feel comfortable. If you enjoy writing, distribute your content through writing. If you’re not scared of video, press record on your phone and get your content out to the world that way. Where people fail at content marketing, is being afraid to just do it – this is partially because they are scared of how they will distribute. Yes, it is important to evolve and push your limits. However, in the beginning, I encourage you to do what makes you feel comfortable.
Ready to turn your passion into content? It’s time to get started!
Need help? Schedule a FREE 15-minute call – let’s connect!